Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav met the State Secretary of Bihar Dental Association on Friday. During this, Union State Secretary Dr Anwar Ashraf said that due to the acute shortage of dentists in Bihar, people are suffering from people of mouth and teeth. People cannot go to the big hospitals of the city for their treatment. In such a situation, in compulsion, one has to live his life disease-ridden. In many cases, death due to oral diseases can be prevented by pre-treatment. But people are drowning in the cheeks of death due to lack of information and facilities.
Dentists should be reinstated in PSC and Wellness Center
Union State Secretary Dr Anwar Ashraf said that the restoration of dentists should be started at Additional PSC and Wellness Center to provide treatment to the people. He said that the study of BDS is almost equal to MBBS. In other states, dentists are reinstated on the post of CMO. However, there is no such system in Bihar. At present there are 700 sanctioned seats for the population of 12 crores of Bihar. In such a situation, it should be increased to 10 thousand in the public interest. Also, every additional PHC and wellness center should have restoration of dentists.
Union submitted memorandum
The delegation, which met under the chairmanship of the State Secretary of Bihar Dental Association, gave a memorandum of their demands to the Deputy Chief Minister. He has included many demands in this memorandum.
Main demand of the union:-
1) Increase the number of dentists from 700 seats to 10,000
2) Resumption of dentists at each additional PSC and wellness center at the earliest
3) Dentists should be allowed to be appointed to the post of CMO like other states and appointed to the post of CMO
4) The senior resident should be reinstated in the dentistry department of all medical colleges as soon as possible.
5) The result of the pending twitter post of PDCH, Patna should be declared soon and reinstated.
6) PHC and referral hospital where dentists have not been reinstated. There should be a restoration of dentists as soon as possible