Ranchi news : No person should be a victim of malnutrition and understand the importance of food and drink necessary for health, with this objective the Health Department is celebrating National Nutrition Week. This week is run every year from 1 to 7 September. People are made aware. Adequate nutrients are essential for good health. The special thing is that these nutrients are available in sufficient quantity in Jharkhandi Thali.
The lack of essential nutrients in the body is removed by the seasonal fruits and vegetables found in the state. In this, Chakor greens, Sarla greens, Beng or Brahmi greens, Futkal greens, Gandhari greens fulfill the need of calcium, vitamins, potassium, phosphorus etc. These nutrients maintain the level of hormones in the body. The problem of anemia (lack of blood) is removed and the bones become strong.
Jharkhandi greens and vegetables are rich in nutrition
- Sarla Saag: It is considered super rich in magnesium. With the increase in digestion power, the problem of gas gets relieved.
- Chakor greens or Chakramard greens : Vitamin-C, calcium, iron are found in abundance. Liver problems improve rapidly by its consumption. By eating its seeds, diseases like TB are cured and eyesight increases.
- Madua or Ragi : Vitamin A-42 micro, iron 3.9 mg, protein 3.7 grams, calcium 344 mg and calories 328 are found per 100 grams of ragi. Its regular consumption strengthens the bones of the body. Anemia is controlled. Helpful in reducing diabetes and excess weight. If pregnant women include honey in the food, then there is an increase in milk.
- Futkal greens : Rich in calcium, iron, zinc and fiber. Anti-microbial ability is found in this greens. The body gets protection from viral diseases, it is helpful for women who have the problem of infection in the urinary system. Apart from this, the problem of gas in the stomach is removed from Futkal greens.
- Spinach greens : Vitamin A 5580 mg, vitamin C 28 mg, iron 10.9 mg, protein 2 mg, calcium 73 mg and 26 calories are found in spinach greens per 100 grams. With its regular consumption, the problem of eyes, anemia is removed.
- Drumstick greens : Vitamin A 6780 micro grams, vitamin C 220 micro grams, iron 0.85 mg, protein 6.7 grams, calcium 440 mg and 92 percent calories are found in drumstick greens per 100 grams. Provides relief from blood pressure.
- Gandhari Saag : Carbohydrate, Phosphorus, Protein, Calcium, Vitamin-A, Mineral and Iron are available in abundance in Gandhari or Chaulai Saag. Along with removing the deficiency of vitamins in the body, it is helpful in destroying phlegm and bile.
- Arhar Dal: Arhar Dal is cultivated in abundance in Jharkhand. The metabolism of the body increases due to the amount of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, B complex, potassium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and protein in this lentil.
- Mahua: Consumption of urea-free mahua benefits the body a lot. The capacity of milk increases in women.
- Red Rice : Red rice is cultivated in abundance in Simdega, Dumka and Chaibasa. The glycemic index of this rice means that the rate of conversion to glucose after digestion is slow. In such a situation, diabetics can eat this rice.
- Rugda and Khukdi : Protein, fat, fiber, antioxidants and carbohydrates are found in abundance in this. At the same time, the amount of calcium and protein in the body can be increased with rugada. Blood volume increases rapidly in anemia sufferers.
- Beng Saag or Brahmi : Vitamin B, Vitamin C, protein, phyto nutrition are found in this. It is helpful in increasing digestion power. Apart from this, it helps in curing jaundice, controlling blood pressure and increasing memory power.
- Sandhana or Bamboo Curry: Due to the excessive amount of calcium, bones get strong. The richness of fiber, vitamin B-6, vitamin E, copper in sandhana provides benefits.
- Gondli : (A type of honey) : Gondli is extremely helpful in balancing heart disease, curing cataract and controlling cancer cells in the body. Apart from this, there is also relief from sore throat and stomach problems.
Nutrients in state fruits
Amla: 50 grams of calcium, 13.7 grams of carbohydrates, 3.4 grams of fiber, 20 grams of phosphorus and 1.2 grams of iron are found per 100 grams. This fruit is found in rural areas from September to November. It is rich in fiber. People like to eat its chutney.
Amda : Amda is found in abundance in the drought prone area. There are 4.5 grams of carbohydrates, one gram of fiber, three grams of fat, 0.7 grams of protein, 11 mg of phosphorus and 3.9 grams of iron per 100 grams. Sore throat is cured.
Sitaphal : 25.2 grams of carbohydrate, 2.4 grams of fiber, 1.7 grams of protein, 21 mg of phosphorus and 30 grams of calcium are found per 100 grams. Sharifa is helpful in controlling tumours, grinding its leaves and applying it on the head gives relief from dandruff.
Margi : Margi is produced in abundance in the villages around Ranchi in June-July.
Aani : This fruit is found in Santal and Paharia areas till May and June. It is eaten raw and its leaves are nutritious fodder for animals.
Ara : From May to July, this fruit will be easily available in the nearby village. During the famine, the villagers eat it and fill their stomach. Per 100 grams, 1.7 grams of protein, 11.8 grams of carbohydrates, 8.5 grams of fiber and 43 mg of phosphorus are found. This fruit eliminates toothache.
Kudroom : This fruit is found in rural areas from September to November. It is rich in fiber. People like to eat its chutney.
Junk food is making children and youth sick
The fast food readily available at the city squares is making the youth and children sick. Young children have become used to junk food, pizza, burger, chips and soft drinks. Due to this youth and children are falling in the grip of heart, stomach disease and obesity. RIMS Pediatrician Dr AK Verma said that due to obesity in children, the problem of sugar and BP is coming. In every week’s OPD, two-three such children are counseled. Parents are made aware that instead of junk food, they should give nutritious food to their children. Avoid giving junk food in tiffin. The Head of the Department of Medicine, Dr Vidyapati said that salt is used more to make junk food tasty. It adds to the taste, but it also makes you sick. Diabetes, heart and kidney disease occur at an early age.
ICMR has warned
ICMR has expressed concern over lifestyle diseases. Assessing the current situation of the country, it has been warned that the amount of salt, sugar and fat in junk food is very high. This is the major cause of the problem. By eating junk food, the metabolism of the body gradually becomes unbalanced.
Ayurvedic doctor Dr. VK Pandey said that instead of junk food, traditional food is recommended in Ayurveda. There is a store of greens in Jharkhand, which protects the body from many diseases. Give greens, vegetables and fruits to children. This will make the children physically and mentally healthy.