Jamshedpur: Cotton and other items worth about four lakhs were burnt to ashes due to a short circuit fire in a cotton shop located at Karandih Chowk on Tuesday afternoon. The cause of the fire is said to be a short circuit caused by an electric pole. The fire was brought under control with the help of fire brigade which arrived after the incident. Shop owner Mr. Firoz told that he has a cotton shop at Karandih Chowk for the last 25 years.
SI Rahul Kumar of Parsudih police station reached the spot with the force. Along with this, the Golmuri fire station was also informed. After getting the information, the fire brigade reached the spot and extinguished the fire. After getting information, Zilla Parishad Vice President Pankaj, Sudipto De Rana and JMM leader Mantu Gop reached the spot and inquired about the incident. The local people allege that due to the department not replacing the old wire, there has been an incident of short circuit in the pole. ZIP vice-president Pankaj assured to talk to the electricity department.