Payments of the fourth installment of the Auxílio Brasil began last week, on November 17th. As every month, several beneficiaries complain about the amount not being in the account. In this post, we will show you what leads to this and how to solve it.
When realizing that there was no debit of the installment, the beneficiaries need to check some points. At first, it is necessary to wait until the end of the calendar to find out if there has been a delay. If it really is not deposited, the participant must check that there is no pending item in his/her registration.
Auxílio Brasil presents several inconsistencies in its system, among the main reasons for blocking the benefit are: failure to update the Cadastro Único (CadÚnico) and not meeting the program requirements anymore. Checking that everything is up to date, the family responsible needs to contact Caixa. Contact can be made by number 111.
Brazil Aid Blocking
Unlocking the Brazil Aid is the responsibility of the family responsible. The beneficiary must go to a CRAS service station with his official photo ID and proof of residence. In addition, the necessary documents for family members to unlock the Brazil Aid are:
- CPF or Voter Title of the Family Representative;
- Identification document of each family member (preferably the CPF);
- Proof of address;
- Proof of enrollment of children and adolescents (if any).
Brazil Aid Problem at Caixa Tem
If the problem is technical with the Caixa Tem application, users can follow the steps below to resolve the situation:
- For Android: It is necessary to access the “Settings” section, select the “Applications” folder and look for Caixa Tem. After that, click on “force stop” and that’s it, the application will work again;
- For Iphone: On cell phones with the IOS system, the procedure is a little easier, as there is not the same force stop system as Android, the user must just close the application on the Iphone system and that’s it, it will be working again.